China’s Catholics steadfast in persecution
On February 25, 2018, the Brazilian-based Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira Institute sent a letter to Joseph Cardinal Zen Ze-kiun in support of the heroic persecuted Catholics of the underground Church in China.
Autonomous sister TFPs and like-minded organizations then signed on to the letter of support, among them the Australian Tradition, Family and Property (TFP). The text of the letter can be found below. Those who wish to add their name to this letter of support may do so below.
Please support our persecuted Catholic bretheren in China
Please sign this petition supporting Cardinal Zen
WE, the undersigned, in agreement with the Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira Institute, and the TFPs and affiliated organisations around the world, as well as the thousands of individuals signing this message of moral support, hereby:
1. Applaud your courageous stand against appeasing the Chinese Communist Party.
2. Express to Your Eminence, and to the whole hierarchy, clergy and faithful of the underground Catholic Church in China our admiration and solidarity at this time when it is urgent to build resistance to the communist Moloch and the Vatican’s policy of appeasement.
3. We especially support the faithful bishops who stand before the world as living symbols of the “Good Shepherd who gives his life for his sheep.”
4. We affirm that we draw strength and invincible hope from the epic example of the martyrs persevering in China. Our souls acclaim these noble victims with the words of sacred scripture: “Tu gloria Jerusalem, tu laetitia Israel, tu honorificentia populi nostril” [Judith 15:10]. These martyrs are the glory of the Church, the joy of the faithful, and the honour of those who continue the sacred struggle.
5. We raise our prayers to Almighty God for all in China who are struggling to remain faithful despite these cruel and perplexing circumstances.